Shop Insurance

At UK & Ireland Insurance (Online) limited we offer a variety of shop insurance cover options which gives you the freedom to tailor the cover to meet your needs.

So whether you’re a coffee shop, grocer, florist, beauty salon or a hairdresser we have a cover to meet your individual business needs.

Rather than shop around for insurance covers let us do the work for you. By simply filling out our online quote form we will check the various markets available to us and report back with our best available quote saving you the time so that you can do what you do best.

What is Shop Insurance?

Shop insurance is designed to protect business owners against the possibility of financial losses they may incur from unexpected incidents whilst running their business.

What are the cover benefits available on shop insurance policy?

You can tailor the cover to meet your needs - you will need to take out the public liability insurance option as this covers your legal liability for compensation claims from customers or members of the public, the rest of the covers depend on your individual business and its needs.

  • Public & Products Liability:
    Public liability protects you against injury or damage to third parties while they are in your shop premises. For example if a customer slips and falls resulting in an injury to themselves, whilst they are in your premises you could face a compensation claim.:
    Public liability insurance would cover your defense fees and compensation.:
    Product liability covers you against accidental bodily injury to any person or accidental loss of or damage to property caused by your products.

  • Employers Liability:
    If you employee people in your shop you will have to take this cover as it is a legal requirement within the UK.

  • Buildings Cover:
    Buildings cover protects the structure of your shop premises as well as the landlords’ fixtures, fittings plus improvements you have made as a tenant such as internal decorations to ceiling and walls in the events of accidental loss, destruction or damage.

  • Contents /Stock:
    Covers all the contents and stock in your shop including staff property, this may include any machinery you have such as a coffee machines, tills etc. plus the stock that you hold in order to run your business such as wines, spirts, beers, tobacco etc.

  • Business Interruption:
    Covers you for loss you may incur from being able unable to trade as a result of damage to your shop premises or denial of access to your premises as a result of damage to premises in the vicinity.

  • Loss of money:
    Can offer you protect for money that is stolen from your shop premises, your home or when you are carrying it to the bank.

  • Goods in transit:
    Offers cover for your goods that are lost or damaged while in transit, either in vehicles owned by you or carried via 3rd party i.e. Royal Mail

  • Legal Expenses:
    Offer protection for your shop business against legal proceeding being brought against it such as breach of contract, data protection and employment disputes.

  • Business Equipment and tools:
    Covers your shops portable business equipment and tools against theft, damage or loss that you use in or away from the shop premises.

  • Loss of license:
    If your shop sells alcohol and through no fault of your own you lose your license this section will offer you cover for loss of sales and reduction in the value of your shop.

  • Accounts receivable:
    Covers you for money your shop business is owned, if you’re account books or other business books suffer damage which results in your inability to trace or establish the outstanding debt balances.

  • Terrorism:
    Cover for damage to your premises, and loss or life, as a result of a terrorist act.


Home Insurance | High Net Worth Home Insurance | Landlords Buy To Let Insurance
Mobile Phone Insurance | Student Possessions Insurance | Tenants Possessions |
Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance | Single Trip Travel Insurance | Holiday Insurance
Backpacker Travel Insurance | Gap Year Travel Insurance | Studying Abroad Insurance


Business Liability Insurance | Business Premises Insurance | Directors & Officers Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance | Home Worker Insurance | Professional Indemnity Insurance
Public Liability Insurance | Shop Insurance | Commercial Vehicle | Motor Fleet | Van Insurance

OTHER WEBSITES FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE Insurance for Landlords and owners of buy to let properties. Specialist Insurance for mobile phones. Specialist Insurance for students in the United Kingdom. Specialist Insurance for students in the Republic of Ireland. Online Travel Insurance from UK & Ireland Insurance. Insurance services for students, graduates, nurses & young professionals.