Street Party Liability Insurance
You should have liability insurance even if your local council doesn't insist that you do, this does not mean that the people organising the event cannot be held legally responsible, for people injured or property damaged at your street party. It is still worth considering cover.
Do not assume it is covered elsewhere, even club or association insurances may not extend to outdoor events for example.
Anyone who falls, trips or slips at your event; during the event itself and whilst it is being set up and broken down, could possibly make a claim against you, so adequate insurance cover is a necessity.
If a volunteer gets injured, would they sue you? They could be held personally liable if someone gets injured as the result of something they do whilst helping out at the event.
People are becoming more used to exercising their legal rights, and pursuing legal action in order to obtain compensation for injury or damage to their property caused by a third party. It can be expensive to lose a legal action. Reforms to the legal system and a claimant-friendly legal environment mean that awards for personal injury continue to rise.
All of the issues outlined and more need to be addressed and can be by a decent event insurance policy. Every body needs liability insurance - organisers of street parties are no exception.
Liability Insurance Sections
The liability cover in event assured street party provides some of the widest cover on the market.
Key Features include:
- Public liability cover - choice of £1m or £5m cover.
- Optional employers liability £10 million.
- Includes cover for club or association members and officers.
- Includes cover for Volunteers.
- For companies, includes cover for directors and employees.
- Includes Indemnity to venue owners or operators.
Street Party Cancellation and Disruption Insurance
You Street Party is at Risk
Large or small events require a lot of organising, and the costs soon mount up. All the money earmarked for food, drink and equipment hire etc is at risk if the party you are holding is prevented from taking place due to causes beyond your control.
So what causes may arise to disrupt a street party?:
- An accident involving vehicles.
- Denial of access to the venue by emergency services.
- Adverse weather conditions making it dangerous to proceed.
- National mourning.
- Death of or serious illness of a key person featured in the event.
What is at Stake?
You could lose or have pay out some or all of the following:
- All the expenses you have incurred in staging the event.
- Additional costs which might be incurred
The cancellation and disruption section of event assured street party provides some of the widest cover on the market.
key features include:
- Wide definition of disruption includes cancellation, curtailment, rearrangement including to another time or place.
- No inner limits.
- No deductibles on event insurance cover.
Street Party Property Insurance - All Risks
Event Property is at Risk
Property used at street parties ranges from tables and chairs to marquees, bunting, sound equipment and more. Some of this may be hired under hire contracts which make you responsible for the equipment, and possibly loss of hire charges to the owners should the items be lost or damaged and out of use.
It is important to buy cover on the correct basis and to select a sum insured which is sufficient to pay for the cost of replacement.
The all risks property section of event assured street party provides a comprehensive cover for your street party.
Key Features include:
- Covers event property owned, borrowed or hired for the event.
- Includes transit to, from and whilst at the event including loading and unloading
- Reinstatement "new for old" basis of cover provide the sum insured represents the full value of property at risk.
- Loss of hire charges cover up to 25% of the value for hired equipment.
- Standard cover of £2000 - buy tailored cover if you need more than this..
PERSONAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Home Insurance |
High Net Worth Home Insurance |
Landlords Buy To Let Insurance
Mobile Phone Insurance | Student Possessions Insurance | Tenants Possessions |
Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance | Single Trip Travel Insurance | Holiday Insurance
Backpacker Travel Insurance | Gap Year Travel Insurance | Studying Abroad Insurance
BUSINESS INSURANCE PRODUCTS FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Business Liability Insurance |
Business Premises Insurance |
Directors & Officers Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance | Home Worker Insurance | Professional Indemnity Insurance
Public Liability Insurance | Shop Insurance | Commercial Vehicle | Motor Fleet | Van Insurance
OTHER WEBSITES FROM UK & IRELAND INSURANCE
Cover4BuyToLet.co.uk- Insurance for Landlords and owners of buy to let properties.
Cover4MobilePhones.co.uk- Specialist Insurance for mobile phones.
Cover4Students.com- Specialist Insurance for students in the United Kingdom.
Cover4Students.ie- Specialist Insurance for students in the Republic of Ireland.
Cover4Travel.com- Online Travel Insurance from UK & Ireland Insurance.
Saxoninsurance.com-Online Insurance services for students, graduates, nurses & young professionals.